Powered by Blogger.

Urban Decay- Ultimate Basics Palette Review (Swatches)


I bought this for my Mum as part of her Christmas, She loves is and uses it everyday. So I "borrowed" it to give it a go and do this review for you guys, Mum and I are both in to make up and like the same sort of things, we tend to share some power products such as eye shadows but use our own brushes ect. 

With this pallet I like that you have a good range of basic colours that you can use day to day or do a night time look. You get 4 base colours which are the ones you tend to go through 1st in pallets. I also really like that you get a good mixture of warm and cool toned colours and you have the option to use either of them or mixture. I just feel that the 4 lighter colours are a bit samey and there isn't that much difference between them.

I do really enjoy that its is a mostly matte pallet with one colour that is a demi- Matte finish however I do find myself wishing that there was 1 or 2 more satin, demi-matte or even a glitter/shimmery one, then everything would be in 1 pallet and it would really the perfect pallet for travel.
  
The eye-shadows themselves I do love they are very soft and they do blend very well, if going for a darker eye look I would recommend doing your shadow 1st and base 2nd as when I played around with them I did experience some fallout. I do love Urban Decay Eye shadows they are great i do feel that they do work a lot better with eye shadow primer underneath. Once on they do last.   

 I think this pallet is a perfect gift for a make-up lover, but I also think it would be perfect for someone just starting out in make-up as it gives you a great colour selection for so so many different looks. 

Top Row- (Top to bottom) Blow (Light nude(demi-matte), Nudie (Soft pink-nude matte), Commando (Light taupe-brown matte), Tempted (Pale brown matte), Instinct (Medium pink-taupe matte), Lethal (Reddish brown matte).


Bottom Row- (Top to bottom) Pre-Game (Pale yellow matte), Extra Bitter (Burnt orange matte), Faith (Medium warm brown matte), Lockout (Rich neutral brown matte), Magnet (Smoky grey matte), Blackjack (Warm black matte).


My go to look with this is to take Nudie all over the lid, Tempted and Instinct through my crease, Lethal on the very outer corner and Blow on my inner corner.


What's you favourite eye-shadow pallet?

Thank you very much for reading, 

Bath's Beauty xx

Follow

No comments